Sharing a new to-do list and task strategy I learned the other day – Could Do, Should Do, and Must Do. It’s a very simple framework to help folks stack prioritization and think about timing. Really, each description (i.e. “could do”, “should do”, and “must do”) is a list of tasks where moving from left to right represents the need.
Some things to consider when prioritizing tasks:
- Time it takes to complete.
- Explicit benefits upon completion.
- Implicit benefits upon completion.
- Cost to complete. (Weigh this against both explicit and implicit benefits for value.)
- Blockers that prevent completion.
Any to-do list or task completion methods you recommend? Do you use one?