- Ground into your why. The why is what fuels your passion. It’s the reason you started. If it’s powerful enough, it’ll keep you going.
- Find tools, whatever they may be that gives you energy. For me, that sometimes starts with a simple motivational video.
- Surround yourself with supportive, like-driven people. Atlanta is really thriving as a startup hub with a vast network of entrepreneurs, startup spaces, and dream-chasers and achievers.
- Take a step back and reassess your situation and your direction.
- Be vulnerable and ask for help. This is why I read Brené Brown’s Daring Greatly. Staying motivated sometimes means opening up to others to ask for the support and encouragement needed.
“Staying motivated” implies you’re already in-flight on your idea, passion, or startup. A piece of advice that can help before you make that head-on jump: Can you pursue this idea or passion on a steady basis as a hobby? Sometimes, making a big plunge is too drastic and requires too much change which can quickly deflate interest and motivation.